I am usually at my wits end on what to cook each day. I have a family with varied tastes in food. But Paneer is something that everyone loves.
I made this simple dish with Paneer, Capsicum and Kasuri Methi. It comes together in a few minutes, goes great with rotis and tastes wonderful.
You Need:
Steps:
Notes:
I made this simple dish with Paneer, Capsicum and Kasuri Methi. It comes together in a few minutes, goes great with rotis and tastes wonderful.
You Need:
- 200 gms paneer cubed
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes chopped small
- 1 medium size capsicum diced (I used half green and half red capsicum)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chillie powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder / dhaniya powder
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi / Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1/4 heaped tsp Everest Kitchen King Masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
Steps:
- In a pan heat the oil and add the Cumin seeds. When it splutters, add the sliced onions and ginger. Sauté till it gets translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, chillie, cumin and coriander powders. Cook till the tomatoes get pulpy.
- Then add the diced capsicum, kasuri methi and the Kitchen King masala powder and stir till the capsicum is well coated with the spices. Salt as per taste.
- Add the paneer and mix well. Check salt.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis.
Notes:
- You can replace the Kitchen King Masala with Garam Masala powder
- If you want a gravy, replace 1 tomato with a tbsp of tomato paste and little water.
- I like the capsicum a little crunchy, you can allow it to cook a little more if you like it soft.

Sounds easy and looks beautiful. Will try this next time am making paneer Aruna :)
ReplyDeletePompy
I love the taste of Kasuri Methi a lot. I add it a lot with Paneer recipes. It goes very well.
ReplyDeleteThis is so delicious dish and one of my favorite can you please share more recipes related to kasori methi vegetables..
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff thanks
ReplyDelete