Like all mothers, I constantly worry about the best home cooked food to feed my children. Something that is easy to make and at the same time nutritious too.
I came across this recipe on saffron trail, made a few changes and it was the yummy snack of the day.
You Need:
I came across this recipe on saffron trail, made a few changes and it was the yummy snack of the day.
You Need:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium size carrot grated fine
- 4 tbsp chopped corriander
- 2 tbsp gram flour / besan
- 2 tbsp semolina / rava
- 1 green chillie finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- A pinch turmeric
- Chillie powder as per taste
- Salt
- Oil
- Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Check seasoning and adjust as per taste.
- Shape into round patties of about 1cm thickness.
- In a non-stick pan heat about a tablespoon of oil and cook the patties on both sides till brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
- Stale rice works best for this recipe
- Warm the rice slightly in the microwave.
- If the rice is very dry. sprinkle a little water before you microwave it.
I m going to try this...!!
ReplyDeleteNice one...even left over rice gets used.
ReplyDelete