Good old Tomato Soup ..... completely yummilicious, great as a starter or as a light meal, quick to make and high on taste.
You need:
Steps:
Notes:
You need:
- 2 large onions
- I small carrot
- 6-8 tomatoes
- 1 wedge beet root
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Dried herbs (Optional)
Steps:
- Clean and chop all vegetables into big chunks.
- Pressure cook for about 4 whistles.
- Once cooled, blend.
- Sieve into a pot. Add olive oil and season as per your taste with salt, sugar, pepper and herbs. Add water as required if the soup is too thick. Heat till one boil.
- Serve hot with either crisp bread, buttered croutons or garlic bread.
Notes:
- You could leave out the beet root if your don't have it. Your soup will be a lighter colour.
- I had left over bread sides after making sandwiches. I toasted them in the oven at 160degrees for about 15 mins. The kids enjoyed dipping the sticks in the soup. You can also butter them and toast for more flavour. I was just lazy.
- Use butter instead of olive oil in the soup for a richer taste.
- Add cream for indulgence.
- Use white pepper powder if you don't like flakes of freshly ground black pepper in the soup.

No comments:
Post a Comment