There are few meals that my son will eat in 20-30 mins flat. For the rest, I spend 20-30 minutes reminding him to eat !!!
Pizza is usually a planned affair at home. I make the base from scratch and we all enjoy yummy thin crust pizzas. But for those instances when I have to make an impromptu pizza, I rely on the faithful loaf of bread.
You need:
Steps:
Notes:
Pizza is usually a planned affair at home. I make the base from scratch and we all enjoy yummy thin crust pizzas. But for those instances when I have to make an impromptu pizza, I rely on the faithful loaf of bread.
You need:
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 small capsicum - diced
- 1/4 cup corn
- Few olives sliced
- Few jalapeƱos chopped fine
- Less 1/4 cup pasta / pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce / ketchup
- 1 tbsp Ching's Secret chili sauce
- Butter
- Grated Cheese
Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 200degrees C. In a bowl, mix the tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and the pasta / pizza sauce together.
- Spread out the slices of bread. Butter them slightly. Then evenly distribute the sauce mixture on all the slices.
- Evenly spread out all the vegetables on top.
- Top up with the grated cheese.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes till the cheese melts and the bread has browned from the sides.
- Cut into triangles. Serve hot with ketchup.
Notes:
- Skip the jalapeƱos while making for kids.
- You can use whole meal or the regular white bread. I used the regular one as my son does not like whole meal bread.
- You can also use baby corn, zucchini, mushrooms or pineapples as toppings.
- It is fun to get the kids to make their own pizzas. They love to add their own toppings and that way you can be sure they will eat their veggies.
- Cut into tiny triangles or squares and you have the perfect starter ready for your parties.


Well aren't you smart. Why not use bread, we love bread, and the kids will gobble these pizza slices right up.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried with flat bread or naan?
Thank you :)
DeleteThankyou for your tip. Will surely try with flat bread or naan and update.
Easy to make and I am sure kids will love it too..
ReplyDeleteA was done in 25 mins and I did not have to remind him to eat. I had heaped up the veggies, so it was as good as a complete meal.
DeleteThis is a hot at home too.. Yash's recipe. But now will innovate with your tips!
ReplyDelete