They say life begins at 40. But mine began a few years before 40 all over again.
Somewhere, when I had my children, I felt a part of me came to a stand still. All that kept moving was the mother. The Aruna had stopped still. As my children started getting older, I started feeling the need to get some of my life back.
I took my first trip out with my girl friends in 2011. It was such a liberating experience. It also set a trend for me. I decided to do it ever year and have been able to follow it up last year too. For 2013 too, my trips are already planned.
I finally started to blog this year and it has been so satisfying.
I picked up my paint brush and colours again. With the help of a wonderful lady I have been able to start one painting. I am so looking forward to completing it and seeing it framed up on my living room wall.... a proud display of a new emerging me.
This is my current list ( in random order ) of all that I wish to accomplish in my lifetime. I hope that this list keep getting ticked off and also grows at the same time.
Do you also have a wish list ? Make one, its never too late :) It can give your life a whole new meaning and direction.
So much to do, so little time - as a dear friend of mine says :)
Somewhere, when I had my children, I felt a part of me came to a stand still. All that kept moving was the mother. The Aruna had stopped still. As my children started getting older, I started feeling the need to get some of my life back.
I took my first trip out with my girl friends in 2011. It was such a liberating experience. It also set a trend for me. I decided to do it ever year and have been able to follow it up last year too. For 2013 too, my trips are already planned.
I finally started to blog this year and it has been so satisfying.
I picked up my paint brush and colours again. With the help of a wonderful lady I have been able to start one painting. I am so looking forward to completing it and seeing it framed up on my living room wall.... a proud display of a new emerging me.
This is my current list ( in random order ) of all that I wish to accomplish in my lifetime. I hope that this list keep getting ticked off and also grows at the same time.
- Travel Europe
- Make one painting each for all my loved ones
- Learn to swim
- Learn the salsa
- Do one trek
- Visit Ladakh
- Run a marathon
- Bungee jump - get over my fear of heights
- Visit New Zealand - Just for 'The Lord of the Rings'
- Get myself a job - to teach my children that I can do more than cook and keep home :)
- Learn more about Photography
- Get myself a tattoo
- Stand atop the Burj Khalifa - this one is with you, My Santa Claus :)
- Write a story
- Show my children the 'Incredible India'
- Make one perfectly frosted cake
- Visit NE India
- Learn to sew
- Make a Quilt
- Open my restaurant
- Go on a road trip
- Have an exhibition of my art work
- Sell my art work
- Make one trip to Vaishno Devi - with you, JS, my soul sister :)
- Eat butta at Marine Drive, with you my once lost friend, but shall never ever loose you again :)
Do you also have a wish list ? Make one, its never too late :) It can give your life a whole new meaning and direction.
So much to do, so little time - as a dear friend of mine says :)
I must make a list too..! There are so many things I would love to do while I live.
ReplyDeleteAND
Vaisho Devi... :)
We must do that soon. Why to delay?
Next year we shall plan Vaishno Devi.
DeleteTo dream your dreams is GOOD..... To pen your dreams is BETTER.....to live your dreams is the BEST..... Wishing the BEST for you....go live your dreams - Arnab
ReplyDeleteThanks Arnab :)
DeleteNice job Aruna :) Mine is ready too....working on it too. Coincidentally, we have a few common ones :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Subha :)
DeleteI need to make a bucket list as well....the first on that would be definitely to learn to make soft idlies and molagapodi powder :-)
ReplyDeletepallavi
Wow... Impressive list! Hope you can fulfill all your wishes!
ReplyDeleteThanks Manju :)
DeleteHey aruna,
ReplyDeleteYou have a very interesting to-do-list. Hope you accomplish all of it and more. live your dream and stay happy. Miss you so much.
Love,
Suchi :-)
Thanks so much Suchi. I miss you too, wish we had got more time together. Hugs and I hope we meet again soon :)
Delete