Pages

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Instant Oats Dosa

Necessity is definitely the mother of invention. There has been half a tin of Quaker Instant Oats lying  in my pantry for the last few months. I hate the taste of oats. Totally totally hate it. Would not even eat it if it was the only meal available, I would drink water and survive instead.

I came across this recipe, made a few changes and breakfast was ready in minimal time.

You need:
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup rice flour
  • 1/4 cup wheat flour
  • 3 tbsp onions, finely chopped
  • 2 heaped tbsps corriander leaves, chopped
  • 1 green chillie finely chopped
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
  • Approx 2.5 cups water
  • Salt

Steps:
  • Mix all the ingredients and make a batter. It should be a little more runny than the dosa batter.



  • Heat a non stick tawa on a medium hot flame.
  • When it is hot, pour a ladleful of the batter in the centre and swirl it around.
  • Add less than a quarter teaspoon of oil and allow it to brown.


  • Flip it around and let the other side cook too.
  • Serve hot with coconut chutney or pickle.



Notes:
  • You can add grated carrots to the batter to make it more nutritious.


6 comments:

  1. I will try it with fresh dosa batter and let you know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to make an oats dosa..i hate oats too.... but hubby loves the "cardboard ." in it's purest form .. :) and has it everyday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Cardboard' is the right word..... Hahahaaaaaa !!!! This tin has been at home since my parents came last year.

      If I could eat this, you will also enjoy it. It's really tasty and does not have the cardboard taste at all :)

      Delete
  3. Great Aruna...hv to try this healthy version:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yum Aruna.. I tried oats paratha and it actually came out nice! Will surely try out this dosa..

    ReplyDelete