I wanted to make a quick and easy dinner. The first thing that came to my mind was soup.
I then looked into the refrigerator to see what vegetables I had. Red capsicum and tomatoes. Sounded delicious. I decided to roast the vegetables before making the soup. And it was totally delicious.
You need:
Steps:
Notes:
I then looked into the refrigerator to see what vegetables I had. Red capsicum and tomatoes. Sounded delicious. I decided to roast the vegetables before making the soup. And it was totally delicious.
You need:
- 3 medium red capsicums
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 3 medium onions
- 1.5 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Grated cheese for garnishing
Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees C.
- Wash the vegetables well. Quarter the tomatoes and the red pepper. Halve the onions and then cut them into three pieces.
- Arrange them on a baking tray. Drizzle half of the olive oil over it and sprinkle the garlic salt.
- Bake for 20 mins. Turn the vegetables over and bake for another 20-25 mins until well roasted.
- Purée the roasted vegetables once cooled.
- Strain the purée and add water for desired consistency.
- Add the remaining olive oil and sugar. Season with salt as required. Heat till it boils.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and warm bread.
Notes:
- You could use a pod of garlic instead of garlic salt. Add it to the vegetables during the last 15 minutes of roasting in the oven.
- You could add 1/4 cup cream or milk for a rich taste.
- You could also use the purée as a dip. It is thick and creamy and would go well with pita bread, crackers or tortilla chips.



A perfect start fr the dinner...tangy n a lil spicy...
ReplyDelete