Nothing can better the fragrance of bread baking in the oven. The home smells so inviting.
After baking a cake, the next I wanted to do was bread. I ate this bread first at my friend Durga's home. When she posted the recipe on her blog, I just had to try it. I have baked it numerous times since with a number of variations to it. Each time it has been perfect.
It is easier to get my kids to have soup if this bread is there on the dining table !!!
You need:
Steps:
I had turned the bread inside out and baked it for an additional 5 minutes to brown the inside also.
Notes:
After baking a cake, the next I wanted to do was bread. I ate this bread first at my friend Durga's home. When she posted the recipe on her blog, I just had to try it. I have baked it numerous times since with a number of variations to it. Each time it has been perfect.
It is easier to get my kids to have soup if this bread is there on the dining table !!!
You need:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 3.5 cups bread flour
- Less 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup packed grated cheese

Steps:
- In a stand bowl mixer, add sugar and 1 cup warm water. Add the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes till it activates.
- Now, add the flour and the salt to the bowl and give it a mix with a spatula till it combines well.
- Using a dough hook, knead the mixture on a medium speed for about 6 minutes. Slowly trickle in the remaining water, as required.
- Mid-way through, add the olive oil and knead till the dough is elastic.
- Lightly oil a bowl and leave the dough in it covered with cling wrap or a kitchen towel to rise for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the herbs and garlic and keep ready.
- At the end of 2 hours, the dough would have risen to double it's size.
- Punch the dough down. Pinch small balls of the dough and place it around the bundt pan that has been lightly brushed with the garlic and herb butter.
- Once to have arranged a layer of the dough balls, brush it liberally with the butter.
- Then sprinkle the cheese all over the top.
- Then arrange a second layer of the dough balls on top of the cheese.
- Liberally spread the remaining butter n the top.
- Cover the pan and let it rest for 30 minutes. The dough will again rise.
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees C. Bake it for 25-30 mins until golden brown.
- After 5-10 minutes, turn it out and let it cool.
- Serve warm with soup or with just marinara sauce.
I had turned the bread inside out and baked it for an additional 5 minutes to brown the inside also.
Notes:
- You can also use all purpose flour.
- I used proccessed cheese. The perfect cheese would be parmesan.
- You can also bake this in a regular round or square cake tin. The Bundt pan just gives it a good effect.
- If you are kneading the flour with your hand, knead for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add more cheese, it's totally delicious. You can also omit the cheese totally.
- You can leave out the garlic if you don't like the taste of garlic.
- Mix and match herbs of your choice for a different taste each time.
- Bake it for an additional 5 minutes if you want your crust deep brown.





Yummmmyyy...cheesy
ReplyDelete