Pages

Saturday, 2 March 2013

Cheese Toast

I am always at my wits end trying to think of quick and delicious snacks for my family that satisfies everyone's varied tastes.

This Cheese Toast comes together in minutes, kids love it and can be easily adapted to what you have at hand.




You Need:

  • 1 Baguette
  • 1 small onion finely chopped
  • 1/2 capsicum finely chopped (I used red and green capsicum)
  • A large handful corn
  • 1 cup grated cheese of your choice
  • Pepper
  • 2 green chillies finely chopped - de seed and chop for less heat



Steps:

  • Preheat your oven to 175degrees C.
  • Thinly slice the baguette.
  • Mix the onions, capsicum and corn together. Add the cheese, chillies and pepper and mix well.
  • Spoon on to the slices.
  • Arrange in a baking tray and grill for 8-10 minutes.
  • Serve hot with sauce.




Notes:

  • You can also add finely chopped olives.
  • Butter the slices before you add the cheese mixture to make it more yummy.
  • I added the chillies later after I had made some for my kids. The ones with a drop of sauce on them are the non spicy ones.
  • Add a tbsp of ketchup to the cheese mixture for a varied taste.
  • Use jalapenos instead of chillies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment