Walking a known path in life is comfortable and convenient. There is a routine that feels good. And then there is us, me and H, who sometimes like to be super adventurous. We like turning our comfortable, predictable lives upside down :) We like to see how far we can push ourselves out of our comfort zones. That was just what we did when we decided to move our home across continents and time zones.
It's been two months since we left one home and are still trying to set it all up in another part of the world. When we are awake, all our loved ones are asleep in the other part of this world !!! All of you who I have not called after promising to, please blame the damn time difference.
Ok, life is not that bad. We are not facing anything that we hadn't anticipated. We have already made one couple friend who will be with us for life.
I am going to list the things I am most looking forward to :
1. Get my Driver's License.
2. Paint like never before.
3. Blog more often.
4. Visit my cousin who I haven't met in close to 14 years. Our kids need to meet and bond too.
5. Meet friends we couldn't have met if not for being here.
6. Grand Canyon.
7. Niagara Falls.
8. Universal Studios / Disneyland.
9. San Francisco / New York / Las Vegas.
10. Trail-walks and Camping.
There is so much more that I look forward to. Oh yes, I will also be complaining and cribbing, some days are tough with all the cleaning and cooking, but I will also be smiling - at the thrill of being able to see the sights that I have only seen pictures of.
Waiting for Friday when our shipment will hopefully be at our door step. The thrill of seeing all our familiar things around us has kept our spirits up the last few days. The mixer to make the dosa batter, my paintings to put up on the bare walls, carefully collected knick knacks waiting to be displayed, my favourite shirt, the Legos to be built again, the books waiting to be read......
So much to look forward to :)
Loved ur US bucket list....hope ur ticking them off soon. take care and cheers
ReplyDelete